Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Examples of the Fold Types I use

Pin It
In the posts ahead you'll need to know what some of the fold types are that i use in my patterns. I don't like to call them Iris Folding because they are not the traditional IF way of doing things. I first had the thoughts for these folds when i was wondering how on earth i could make my IF cards look more real and I am the original creater of the corner fold concept. This was back in 2006 and I then presented my ideas on the circle of crafters forum
Scince them many other people have used my folding idea to create a more pleasing to the eye twist on Iris Folding cards. Here I've taken a pic of the folds i use.


The regular and double folds are the original Iris Folding folds. Corner folds are the ones ive created. So for example if you have a shape like this you would cut paper to cover
this area plus excess for the folding.

Fold along one side of your paper and lay
on the first line ....i like to choose the longest first.


Next make the second fold following the pattern line.

and same with the third.


There are many different ways to use this according to each different pattern. So i hope this will help as the months go by and i show you different patterns and things to make.

And a last thought
If his hands are idle, the house leaks.
Ecclesiastes 10:18

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Valita,
I have been using your corner folds and love them. I am looking forward to trying some of the double corner folds as well.
take care

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have given me new ideas for new folds, many thanks.
Iris folding is fairly new here in Scotland, i must try some of these double corners......

crafty49er said...

I just you to know that I love your site and your music. Via Dolorosa is my all time favorite song. I even made a cd with just that song. Thank you again for your card making inspiration.

Sincerely,
Ginney Juarez
crafty49er@gmail.com

Merry said...

Thanks so much for showing these examples. I had never heard of a corner fold in iris folding before. :-)