Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Lotus art paper art

Pin It
Hi all, another gorgeous spring day here today and what makes it even better is we get to see Beth and Ben on there week break from Uni. Ive had some fun with our younger daughter Madaleine, we made Beth a cute teaching resource to go with her book "The very hungry caterpillar" we made softies for each of the life cycle of the butterfly..... check out the pic below.
The butterfly gets rolled up to go inside the draw string bag cocoon. So cute hey! Really happy with how they turned out and so was Beth. (love the bead egg on the leaf too!) you can find the pattern for the long caterpillar here Caterpillar softie tutorial the other parts I made patterns for myself. The cocoon is a drawstring bag which hangs closed at the top and you open the bottom which just the butterfly gets stored in.

So as I was making the blossom petals baubles I had heaps of left over small petals and wanted to make a flower with them so came up with these very elegant Lotus art cards.

All made with just the one blossom petals punch from stampin up. Some of you may find it helpful to know the dimensions of the petals I have used if you are using a different punch or die cut shapes.
the small petals are 2,1/2cm(or 1") long x 1cm (3/8") wide.

the next larger petal is 3cm(or 1 and 1/8") long x 2cm (or 3/4") wide.

the third largest petal is 4,1/2cm (or 2") long x 2cm (or 3/4") wide

I'll have a video below and you can also purchase the written instructions


UPDATE: please note, Stampin up no longer sells the bolssom petals punch used for this project so to get around this problem and continue for you to enjoy my projects I have designed some replacement petals which are very similar and will allow you to make the same projects. This will be included with your purchase download.... the up side is you don't need to buy an expensive punch! You can refer to my instruction video as to how to use my template, thank you for your ongoing support. Valita

Lotus Art Instructions $3.95

View Cart

...... enjoy
Blessings to you


and a last thought


“Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word”
(Psalm 119:37, NIV)

20 comments:

Connie B. said...

Great card and tutorial. Such an elegant look.

Anonymous said...

HI Lavita,
Wow! such simple elegance you are the most artistic
person i've ever seen on videos! thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity with us. i appreciate you so very much.
Gayle Ingram

Chris said...

Gorgeous.....I can't wait to try this. Thank you!!! You are so talented!!!!
Chris Blake - Kennebunk, ME USA

CC said...

hiya, i am so glad to have found your blog when i googled rose punch art - you are so talented, and i'm so liking that you're doing all the thinking for me on how to get more out of stampin up punches :-) Thank you for freely sharing your ideas!

CC said...

hiya, i am so glad to have found your blog when i googled rose punch art - you are so talented, and i'm so liking that you're doing all the thinking for me on how to get more out of stampin up punches :-) Thank you for freely sharing your ideas!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. Can u tell me how big the petals are. TY

Anonymous said...

i haven't made any comments so far. I have just been admiring your work in silence. You do the best designs of any one else I have seen. I appreciate all the time it takes you to video and put your work together. You are simply the best ! I think I can put this design in the mail with not to much damage.
Thank You So Much, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Valita! How resourceful! See there is beauty in leftovers! Very pretty card with the lotus flowers. I really like this alot. Thanks so much for sharing your talent, as a great teaching tool to we 'novice' punch art followers!
God Bless you and yours! Glad to hear the kiddos are doing well.
Cheryl McAskill
c,mcaskill@verizon.net

Ms said...

you're creativity amazes me... thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.....

Anonymous said...

Valita
I agree with all above..this is stunning and so elegant..Your so talented and creative. No matter what you do it always comes out so beautiful. I just had to tell you this..and thank you for sharing.

pat

Susan said...

your tutorials are such a breath of sunshine;

valita said...

the dimensions of the petals

the small petals are 2,1/2cm(or 1")long x 1cm (3/8") wide.

the next larger petal is 3cm(or 1 and 1/8")long x 2cm (or 3/4") wide.

the third largest petal is 4,1/2cm (or 2")long x 2cm (or 3/4") wide

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I LOVE the caterpillar set! It is wonderful! So cute and perfect for the story!

Great project and tutorial as always - love visiting your blog and finding a new one!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

terrie said...

you do so much with that punch I'm going to have to put it on my wish list..tfs

Gloria Dojlido said...

Fabulous creation Valita! Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your willing spirit to share your talent. I made 25 of the lotus flower cards. They are absolutely stunning, stunning, stunning. I love to surprise my sister with something fabulous for her birthday THIS IS IT!!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous - you are so wonderful at sharing your creativity on the blog and your videos are wonderful...THANK YOU!

Yvonne said...

You are certainly a very talented lady. You do beautiful creations!

Unknown said...

I just love love your talent and so blessed that you share it with others. I made two cards with the lotus flowers.. one in lavender and one in tangerine. I love them both. You made it so easy for me. Your blog is awesome. God Bless!!

Traci Cooley said...

If you really want the original punch it is on the Clearance Rack right now for around $10. Traci