Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Blossom petals punching for christmas!

Pin It
Hi all, another awesome spring day here today. you may have noticed the new banner on on my blog, AoZora School is the orphanage school in India where our daughter taught. They have since had to move out of the buildings they were renting for the school and orphanage and are raising funds to build their own. If you feel you can give to help someone else have a better quality of life then pop over, have a read and donate generously I know your kindness would be greatly appreciated.

My card and bauble today comes as inspiration from Jessica of Kinderstampo blog. I watched her video on how she made her simple but very elegant Christmas card and she mentioned in there to try other shapes so I thought I'd give the blossom petals punch a whirl. I did come across Ellen's idea from Blinkin, thinkin & Inkin on using the blossom petals punch as little Christmas ornaments also. Just to do the right thing and link these talented creators back :)
So my card was made in the same way as Jessica's video. I used 4 of the 2nd and 3rd largest petals to make these. and 12 of the largest petals for the bauble.

Why not try this simple but elegant Christmas card and bauble gift this Holidays. Use your Blossom Petals punch for something other than flowers making it twice the value. All of the 3D parts on this can be folded flat for easy postage which is great! Instructions below are for the bauble only. enjoy

Blessings to you

and a last thought

“I will listen to what God the Lord will say;

he promises peace to his people...”
(Psalm 85:8, NIV)



Blossom Petals Bauble and Gift Card

20 comments:

Emerald Hills said...

I love the card you made this way. I'm excited to try this project myself. thanks for the post.

Melanie said...

Hi V, I just had to send you a note to say how far spread is your flower designing talents known in the Stampin' Up world!

While blog cruising today, from here on the Gold Coast, I saw a link back to you from the blog of the no. 7 in Stampin' Up USA this years!!!

http://www.pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/page/7/

Always knew you were pretty amazing when I first found your blog 3 years ago. Hugs, Mel

Merry said...

These are both terrific....the card and the ornament...so elegant.

Chris said...

Great idea! Love your Christmas card and bauble! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

thank for showing how to do these
like very much the card
make a very pretty christmaas card
will be doing these
thank for showing
have a good day

Bonnie said...

You are so creative with these punches! This is such an elegant card. Thanks for sharing this.

Vicky Alberto said...

fabulous, I've made the round ones before but these are better!

Cheri said...

As always WOW! Stunning card and ornament.

The one on the right hand side of the card also looks like it could be used as the top of a hot air balloon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Crafty Loops said...

Fabulous, so pretty. Lee x

Unknown said...

If I get nothing else, I've got to get that punch after seeing this fabulous card and ornament Valita!!!
You are amazing!!! xxx

Jackie said...

Love your tutorials!! Can you please tell me what is the name of that tool you use to score with please

Jackie

Andrea said...

As usual Valita you have created such a lovely card and the ornament is lovely. Cant wait to get that punch now.

Φανή said...

Εκπληκτική ιδέα συγχαρητήρια που την μοιράστηκες με όλες εδώ έξω

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing!

Trisha Eagan-Hoffmann said...

VALITA, Great idea and designed projects. It almost makes me start to hum Christmas songs. "Just almost"

Gina Wrona said...

absolutely awesome!

Love it!

Hugs,
Gina

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

wow, Valita, it is simply stunning your detail is just Lovely and so fantastic, I love it. I do love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! How creative and so beautifully done. Please take a look on my Blogspot.
Hugs from Marina.

My Need 2 Craft said...

What a wonderful idea. :) These are beautiful. :)

Monica-FC said...

love the way you made these. I bet if everybody looked at there punches now and see them in a different way. one can even use the oval punches if you work it out right to make this also. I love your blog very much as you give me so much inspiration every way. thank you again and please keep up the wonderful you do as i just love it.

Anonymous said...

Truly inspirational!!!
Thank you for sharing,
cristina p.