Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Punch Petals

Pin It
Hi everyone, Happy Australia day for Wednesday all my Aussie readers we had a great day here with beautiful weather some fun at the beach and a BBQ later with family and friends. Beth is busy now preparing for her year 6 teaching prac, Ben has already done 2 weeks of his new job at the bus builders and our youngest and only child left at school goes back tomorrow into year 10. We've had some beautiful weather here lately and the beach has finally cleared of the muddy water, thank you to all those who have donated to the floods appeal please continue your prayers as people rebuild their lives. I have some exciting news... on the 26, (Australia Day) I had my first tutorial published on splitcoaststampers web site! and had a great response to it :) you can find it here in the recourse section or you may remember it from this post on my blog.
So Ive been playing with my punches again..... and come up with some ideas to make flower petals with punches you normally wouldn't think to by taking advantage of the scallops and patterns on their edges. I love the build a blossom punch from the USA but our catalogue doesn't have this ..... hopefully one day they will carry these. My inspiration came from a card I see on a blog called Stamp 4 fun.net and Selene's flowers were made with sizzix dies. You could also try using different die shapes e.g. spellbinders nestibilites if you don't have some of the punches... idea from myneed2craft :)

You will find all the details below plus a video showing how I made the modern label flower petals. One last tip is this pic below, it shows how I photograph my cards, I use two 12 x 12 white card backings that come with the stampin up designer papers and lay one on the table and the other slotted into a punch that's laying on its side. This works well as a make shift card studio especially if you don't have a lot of room to keep one set up at all times!

I hope you have enjoyed this
Blessings to you

and a last thought

“Get ready! This is the day the Lord will give you victory...!”
(Judges 4:14)


Punch Petals by Valita Reynolds 2011

16 comments:

My Need 2 Craft said...

Again, more lovely work. I wonder if I could use one of the nestabilites that I have has a similar shape as one of your punches. Hmmmm? :)
~Terri

valita said...

sure could!! :)

Ms said...

I absolutely love these ideas... you are so very clever... thank you for sharing your creativity....

Yvonne Russell said...

A lovely card and thanks for the photography tip too.

Andrea said...

Hi Valita,
once again you have created such a great flower from our punches. I love all of them and cant wait to give them a try. Thanks so much and God bless
Andrea

Antonella said...

You are amazing with your punches. Great card and tutorial as always :-)
Hugs, antonella :-)

Dani art 4 U said...

Great Valita, I love how you get the most out of your punches, you inspie me to do the same! xoxo

eiyiyi said...

OK, I am officially awed! Your talent and creativity and such an inspiration. thank you for sharing both with the rest of us. hugs to you, eileen

Anonymous said...

I guess I am too much in a box. I need to expand my creativity and start looking at things for more than just one use. Thanks for opening the door.

Jackie

Sherry said...

Valita, Wow! Your wonderful creations are always stunning. I can't wait to try these flowers!

Monique said...

Valita
You never cease to amaze me with what you manage with our humble little punches. I wish I could see the world through your eyes for just a day! Thanks also for sharing your creativity with us, I am definately goig to have to try these today.

Vicki said...

Valita what stunning creations you come up with...and with tools we all have! Thank you so much for sharing!

HUGS!
Vicki

Jane Norrish said...

Hi Valita,
Thank you so much for sharing, these flowers are so beautiful. You are amazing.
Jane ;-)

Anonymous said...

Valita,
These flowers are so beautiful and creative. Thank you so much for sharing your techniques with us!
Barb E.

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am your new BIGGEST fan Valita! Not only are you insanely creative but you also produce these very useful, printable instructions/recipes for your really awesome creations that you provide to all of us at no cost! You are a true inspiration and an excellent example of a true Stampin' Up! demo - it is my belief that one of the best parts about being a part of the Stampin' Up! family is the phenomenal people that you are so blessed to meet!
Also, your temporary photography stage - brilliant! I've seen many a tutorial on how to create photography light boxes and I've found myself thinking, "Where am I going to put that?! I need the room for my stamps!" LOL! Love your idea! I'll never take a picture of a project without the professional looking white background again thanks to your idea!
Looking forward to more blog posts!
Sincerely,
Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja

Donna Jeanne said...

I am so new to all this--like since last year and am in awe at all of it. Everywhere you look something new arises. I love your blog, your cards ---love it-- love it---YOU GO GIRL!!!
Donna Jeanne