Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

how to make a Book easel card

Pin It

Hi all, the last few days here have been a bit frustrating as our daughter was so glad to be back to the mothership as she calls it she watched 3 weeks worth of master chef on line and put us back to dial up......... grrr ...so... waiting for the 5 days to clock over before its back to broad band seemed like eternity but it wasn't and we got other things done ! including mountain bike riding, bats chasing us on the bikes...scary! and some new projects to add to my blog :) I made this book easel card some time ago and decided to do a tutorial on how i made it. You will need the Labels seven die set from spellbinders or you could cut your own templates.

Cut yourself a base card stock 13 X11 cm this worked good as it made the card look bigger as the largest die isn't big enough in its self for the card...unless you want a small card. I used the 3 largest dies for this project. 1 largest die for the book cover and the next 2 smaller ones one in very vanilla and the other in whisper white for the pages. Watch the video for all the finer details on how this was made. here are some more angles and another version..


and a last thought

The whole bible was given to us
by inspiration from God and is
useful to teach us what is true
and to make us realize what is wrong
in our lives; it straightens us out and
helps us to do what is right. It is Gods way
of making us well prepared at every
point, fully equipped to do good to everyone.

2 Timothy 3:16-17




Blessings to you

16 comments:

Becky said...

Valita, this is amazing...I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for the tutorial - your blog is awesome...I appreciate all of the tutorials you give us here. Thanks for sharing your talent!!!

Diane said...

Loved this idea so much. I was just about to start a 21st card someone had asked for and decided this was the way to go. I don't have spellbinders, but used a cutting file of a similar shape which meant I could make it bigger. I have credited you on my blog. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Marsh730 said...

WOW! That's neat. I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!!

Patricia Gessner said...

Valita, The good Lord has blessed you mightily with so much talent. Thank you for sharing with us.
Patricia

veroscrap said...

c'est magnifique

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and skill! I don't know what I would do without my link to Valita's Designs for inspiration and pure joy!

Wishing you a happy weekend! :<)

Barbara Diane

JoAnn said...

I enjoyed the tutorial. The card turned out beautiful! I think i may try to make this for my Dad because he is a pastor. He would love a card like this. Thanks so much for sharing.

Suzi said...

I'd made up my mind not to do any crafting today, just paperwork. Then I saw your cute easel card! Love it! Mine's all made. . .and the paperwork is still waiting! Thank you!

MariLynn said...

Valita, what a great idea. I used your idea on a mini hymnal.

http://mississippi-mcgyver.blogspot.com/2010/07/mini-hymnal.html

MariLynn said...

Let me try that link again.

mini hymnal,

Merry said...

Oh wow...I have never seen anyone use this die before...such a great card.

Created By You said...

Beautiful, now I'm going to have to purchase those dies! Love the last one the best.. they are all beautiful!

XxJULESxX said...

wow love the book easels!! your very talented and thank you so much for the tutorial i cant wait to make one!!!!!

Kelly said...

Thank you for such a wonderful tutorial. I used your idea for a batpism card for my twin grandsons and posted it to my blog today. I'd love for you to stop by to take a look when you have a chance. You are amazing!
Big Hugs
Kelly :)
http://kreativekornerbykelly.blogspot.com/

Ruthie Lopez said...

Great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!!!

noahscraps said...

Thank u very much for this wonderful card and tutorial,It helped me a lot and I made a beautiful "Holy Quran" card from this tutorial.